Fish lools like its dying when i feed it

Flynsqwirl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
161
Reaction score
52
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a yellow corris wrasse about 2 weeks ago and the last 4 or 5 days it's fine until I feed rods food and it take a bit and instantly flops around and looks died for about 5 minutes and then it comes back to normal. Really wierd, fish is having breathing issues while flipping as well.

20200714_145419.jpg
 
So I bought a yellow corris wrasse about 2 weeks ago and the last 4 or 5 days it's fine until I feed rods food and it take a bit and instantly flops around and looks died for about 5 minutes and then it comes back to normal. Really wierd, fish is having breathing issues while flipping as well.

20200714_145419.jpg
Could be right. Wrasses can be fluke magnets. If it's gills are infested with flukes, it could be difficult to breath and eat at the same time.
Give consideration to a freshwater dip to check for flukes. Use a dark container, it's easier to see the white, little sesame seed sized bodies of the flukes when they drop off the fish.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new