Fish or corals

frankin09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I just end stocking my tank and keep getting corals? Or add 2 more fish. I have 2 clowns, six line wrasse, coral banded shrimp, yellow tail blenny. However I only have 4 frags of Zoas. I have a 37g tall. My lights are fluval marine. My tank has been running for more than 2 months. I was thinking of pajama cardinals.

image.jpg

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my own new tank, I have planned adding all my fish while they are young so they can grow up together and have less risk of aggression. Even though I have peaceful fish. Also, I have chosen to buy from only 1 fish store that I trust and that buy quarantined fish. I do not want to risk bringing disease in my tank so now that I have my 5 fish (in 75 gallons tank), I won’t be bringing anymore unless I need a specific type of working fish. Or maybe a goby and shrimp at some point.

Also, I will, for the same reason as not to bring disease in the display tank, quarantine corals for 4 weeks (I still have to research if that is long enough). So once a month, I’ll buy a batch of corals that will replace the ones in quarantine, while those ones go in the display tank.

I’ve read enough horror stories here that I want to be really careful. I also bought a new clown fish that died in 24 hours and killed my other clown, in my smaller tank. That tank is now fallow and won’t be used before months. The blenny is in a hospital tank. I don’t want to do that mistake again.

So that’s my plan; yours can be whatever you want it to be. Everyone is different. Most people don’t quarantine until they have a problem, and then they do.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back