OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get this up and running? Building the same tank and was hoping to see your plumbing. How’d you go about bracing it?
Unfortunately I have not. Still sitting there. My plan for the plumbing though is to run a piece of 1x4 across the back of a the stand to give me a place to support the plumbing.

also I have been increasingly less happy with the quality of the stand. It has had no water in the tank or near the stand. And it is separating and looking like crap now.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a pic of that so I know what to look out for. Was hoping I had at least ten years of this looking good with the cost.
56FA7572-5460-4DDA-B08E-EDE2BA235AE4.jpeg
681763C7-F324-4955-A106-D9A85E1F16DB.jpeg

AaronFReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s a part I found to be a weakness in their design of the stand. I may run a miniature bead of clear high stretch sealant over that seam on mine (you could use white) to try and seal that against any moisture drops getting into that and utterly destroying it. I doubt they painted the back sides of those pieces of wood so they’d be susceptible to moisture.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s a part I found to be a weakness in their design of the stand. I may run a miniature bead of clear high stretch sealant over that seam on mine (you could use white) to try and seal that against any moisture drops getting into that and utterly destroying it. I doubt they painted the back sides of those pieces of wood so they’d be susceptible to moisture.
I was thinking of attempting to wrap it with vinyl or something. I feel silicone will look bad after a year or so. Maybe some bondo or something.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zooming in now I see all the spidering in addition to the separated seam which is what I was talking about. Yeesh. Sorry you’re experiencing that.
No worries. **** happens, my experience was un pleasant. But I hope I’m the minority. Yeah the wood in person actually looks likes it is cracking apart

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it took about a year and half longer than anticipated. But it Finally has water in it. It is currently under leak test.
The modular marine over flow leaked due user error, I needed to remove the paint that CDA put on there and I tried to use a neoprene sheet instead of normal bulk head gaskets and it didn’t work. So far two hours running and no leak. If it holds water by the time I get home from work tomorrow I will add salt.
IMG_5765.jpeg

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started cycle and a couple days later a fellow reefer was taking down his tank and gave me the rock out of his 75g tank so I was able to skip cycle. (Didn’t even know that was a thing) but here it is with bubble tip some snails and hermits.

I am also still working on my AWC, I picked up a GHL maxi dose2.2 for that and ran 1/4 tubbing under house. I ran the water lines in the same box as my dedicated circuit. I am aware of the “risk” but It’s done so…

Attachments

• IMG_5872.jpeg
    IMG_5872.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5873.jpeg
    IMG_5873.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5733.jpeg
    IMG_5733.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5730.jpeg
    IMG_5730.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 44

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started cycle and a couple days later a fellow reefer was taking down his tank and gave me the rock out of his 75g tank so I was able to skip cycle. (Didn’t even know that was a thing) but here it is with bubble tip some snails and hermits.

I am also still working on my AWC, I picked up a GHL maxi dose2.2 for that and ran 1/4 tubbing under house. I ran the water lines in the same box as my dedicated circuit. I am aware of the “risk” but It’s done so…
Glad to see it is cycling!

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6235.jpeg
Glass is dirty and there is algae everywhere but. So far the two clowns, Fox face and the melanurus wrasse are all doing well.

Corals are next. Going to stick to easier sps and lps to start. Birds nest, encrusting monties, hammers and torches. I would like to get some kind all monitoring system before I do acros. Maybe after tax return.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6235.jpeg
Glass is dirty and there is algae everywhere but. So far the two clowns, Fox face and the melanurus wrasse are all doing well.

Corals are next. Going to stick to easier sps and lps to start. Birds nest, encrusting monties, hammers and torches. I would like to get some kind all monitoring system before I do acros. Maybe after tax return.
Glad to see your fish are doing well!

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, wondering how your GHL maxi worked out for AWC. Any failsafes or just the doser?
It’s working ok, it seems to be reliable and accurate. I did make a DIY float switch that plugs into it but I have not set it up as I need to make a holder.

What I don’t like is when connected to my home WiFi I can’t reliably connect to it. I have to connect my phone directly too it to make changes, not a big deal but annoying.

It does move allot of water for 1/4 hose but I kinda wish I tried the kamor one with 3/8 hose. Currently I have it set to change about a 1/2 gallon a day but working up to 1 gallon. Takes about 6 min to change 1/2 gallon. It is plugged into my hydros so I intend to have high and low safety’s that will shut it off and alert me.

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s working ok, it seems to be reliable and accurate. I did make a DIY float switch that plugs into it but I have not set it up as I need to make a holder.

What I don’t like is when connected to my home WiFi I can’t reliably connect to it. I have to connect my phone directly too it to make changes, not a big deal but annoying.

It does move allot of water for 1/4 hose but I kinda wish I tried the kamor one with 3/8 hose. Currently I have it set to change about a 1/2 gallon a day but working up to 1 gallon. Takes about 6 min to change 1/2 gallon. It is plugged into my hydros so I intend to have high and low safety’s that will shut it off and alert me.
It says in the description of it “With the free GHL Connect App, the myGHL cloud service, or integrated web server, you can access your Doser from anywhere.” So it’s not that simple?
Are you filling and draining simultaneously and is it accurate enough to hold the water level so it doesn’t tick off the ato?

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says in the description of it “With the free GHL Connect App, the myGHL cloud service, or integrated web server, you can access your Doser from anywhere.” So it’s not that simple?
Are you filling and draining simultaneously and is it accurate enough to hold the water level so it doesn’t tick off the ato?
The cloud service is fine when I can connect. I am likely going to run a hard line to it as it could be my router. I do run simultaneous water change. I have it draw from the filter sock side of sump and have it fill at the return pump so it’s not removing the water it’s putting In. It seems very accurate with the amount it pulls out to the amount it puts in. I use the tunze 3 ATO and it does not come on while it changes water.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back