OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, I've been working a lot I finally get 3 days off of work.
I'm going to test the water again today and see if I can get some little fish to put into the tanks.
I will probably start working on the ponds some more today as well

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Wasn't felling to good today but put drains in the second pond level.

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly suggest a test run for the ponds in the driveway. They are not designed to hold water without the ground supporting them. I'm thinking the bottoms will sag and break. I like the idea but think you would need to use the preformed fiberglass ones to work in that fashion.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! I hope they hold for you.

I was debating on doing a pint in my basement. I was planning a pond liner held up by landscaping blocks. Curves will be good for smaller sharks though.

Bradw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You needing a blower? I got 2 pm me if your interested. Love the build!!!! I breed angle fish so I have a spot in my house that looks like your garage but with out the ponds lol

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an air blower that I got from a guy but have never used it. I'm not even Know how much air it moves

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought of making a box for each of the ponds then filling with dirt and fitting the ponds in them . Should support the ponds adequately and provide great insulation. You can always modify the box around the plumbing to allow access. I think it would be the easiest way to make sure the ponds get the support needed

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have done a little change to the fish room, the ponds are not going to be going up right now. I removed my 9X 20 gallons and moved my 180 gallon 7' long tank into their place.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm think I'm going to try and set up the 180 gallon for dos and the 2X 55 gallons as LPS and soffties but they all go into one sump. What is your guys thoughts?

tom reilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
build a box around the pond forms and fill around forms with sand as you fill with water.this will support the forms and help keep water temperature stable.

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
build a box around the pond forms and fill around forms with sand as you fill with water.this will support the forms and help keep water temperature stable.

I think the ponds will be held off for right now until I can get my 180 fully up and running along with the 2X 55gallons. I've had close to 300lb of live rock cycling in my 100 gallon sump for about 3 months now and am about to finish pipeing the 180 in and fill it up. I was going to set up the MH over the one 180 in the next couple of days

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a lot going on there ! I respect Your enthusiasm !

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 62 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back