Fish selection for 35g display/45g total [acceptable?]

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theoretical fish for Red Sea Reefer 170: Clown pair, flasher wrasse (male), Yasha goby, and blue damsel (female).

Think a 35g display / 45g total with skimmer can support this bioload? Obviously fish would be added slowly

Feel free to share any other concerns!

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd leave out the wrasse, get a CUC and an anemone for the clowns. CUC are more important for a balanced reef than a wrasse.

When researching fish, go to liveaquaria. Make sure your tank meets their minimum requirements. You dont have many to choose from.

AtulR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say that's a fine list, although I'd probably leave out the damsel. Anemone's can be difficult in smaller tanks, so I would wait until the tank is more mature ( 1 year+).

Buy a female flasher! They tend to acclimate to captivity better, and that way you'll be able to see the fish transition to male. 35g should be plenty to handle that bioload.

OP
OP
Robert Binz

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say that's a fine list, although I'd probably leave out the damsel. Anemone's can be difficult in smaller tanks, so I would wait until the tank is more mature ( 1 year+).

Buy a female flasher! They tend to acclimate to captivity better, and that way you'll be able to see the fish transition to male. 35g should be plenty to handle that bioload.

Do females always transition to male when kept alone? Good idea!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.9%
Back