fish stocking for 90 gallon

jakeg79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help. I am currently in the process of upgrading from 32 gallon cube to a SCA 90 gallon with 40 gallon sump. I started to cycle the new tank about 3 weeks ago. It's just about done now. waiting (water changes) for nitrate level, which is about 40ppm, to come down. I plan on adding the fish I already have once it's down below 20ppm. Ammonia and Nitrite are 0.

How long should I wait to add additional fish? What order should I add the fish from my wish list below? Is there a problem with the list?
Also when can/ should I add coral?

Currently have
2 clown fish
2 pajama cardinal
1 cleaner shrimp

Wish list

1 bristletooth tang
1 royal gramma
1 bicolor blenny
1 flame hawkfish
1 yellow watchman goby
1 fairy wrasse
1 christmas or red line wrasse
1 coral or flame angel (maybe)

Can I possibly add additional fish?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd wait a week or two before adding more than your existing fish, but your stocking list isn't unrealistic. In terms of order, I guess availability will dictate this more than anything else. Depending on the size of the fish and your filtration setup, yes - you may be able to add a few more smaller fish.

I have 32 fish in my 160-gallon, but I run a very good skimmer, UV, two reactors and four 100-micron filter socks that I change out every 2-3 days - in addition to quite a but of bio media.

Back