Fish stocking for JBJ 45

BRS

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a JBJ 45 that currently has 1 clownfish, a yellow coris wrasse, a (Biota captive bred) mandarin dragonet, and a Midas Blenny. When I added the Blenny he immediately asserted his place as the boss fish in the tank, so I am thinking I will add the last of the fish together.
I was thinking of adding a long nose hawkfish, 2 green chromis, and a Banggai cardinal fish.
I would order all 4 and quarantine them at once to try to spread any aggression from the midas Blenny to a new fish.
Does this seem as acceptable stocking for my reef? I’m concerned about any aggression issues. TIA

AS

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The blue green and cardinals are schooling fish and social in my experience. I would do a minimum of 3 each. Otherwise you .I get regret it. Like dry Thanksgiving dinner you will try it even finish it. But it won't be that great.

OP
djryan2000

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
The blue green and cardinals are schooling fish and social in my experience. I would do a minimum of 3 each. Otherwise you .I get regret it. Like dry Thanksgiving dinner you will try it even finish it. But it won't be that great.
I’ve always heard both species will kill themselves off until there’s 2 left, especially in a smaller tank.

BRS

What are you most excited to read about in our REEF OF THE MONTH articles?

• I love reading about reef equipment!

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • For me, it's all about the CORALS!!

Votes: 27 10.5%
  • Seeing and reading about cool fish that I wish I could keep!

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Looking for neat innovations and creative solutions they're using!

Votes: 50 19.4%
  • Looking mostly for stuff I can try on my tank!

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Are you kidding?? I'm excited about ALL OF IT!!

Votes: 137 53.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
SR