BRS

djryan2000

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a JBJ 45 that currently has 1 clownfish, a yellow coris wrasse, a (Biota captive bred) mandarin dragonet, and a Midas Blenny. When I added the Blenny he immediately asserted his place as the boss fish in the tank, so I am thinking I will add the last of the fish together.
I was thinking of adding a long nose hawkfish, 2 green chromis, and a Banggai cardinal fish.
I would order all 4 and quarantine them at once to try to spread any aggression from the midas Blenny to a new fish.
Does this seem as acceptable stocking for my reef? I’m concerned about any aggression issues. TIA

Zoanthids

King Turkey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The blue green and cardinals are schooling fish and social in my experience. I would do a minimum of 3 each. Otherwise you .I get regret it. Like dry Thanksgiving dinner you will try it even finish it. But it won't be that great.

OP
djryan2000

djryan2000

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The blue green and cardinals are schooling fish and social in my experience. I would do a minimum of 3 each. Otherwise you .I get regret it. Like dry Thanksgiving dinner you will try it even finish it. But it won't be that great.
I’ve always heard both species will kill themselves off until there’s 2 left, especially in a smaller tank.

Maxout
BRS

Do you have a plan to "winterize" your reef tank?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • NO and I will not

Votes: 114 73.5%
  • I will think about it now

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.9%

Omega Sea, LLC