Fish stocking for JBJ 45

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 45 that currently has 1 clownfish, a yellow coris wrasse, a (Biota captive bred) mandarin dragonet, and a Midas Blenny. When I added the Blenny he immediately asserted his place as the boss fish in the tank, so I am thinking I will add the last of the fish together.
I was thinking of adding a long nose hawkfish, 2 green chromis, and a Banggai cardinal fish.
I would order all 4 and quarantine them at once to try to spread any aggression from the midas Blenny to a new fish.
Does this seem as acceptable stocking for my reef? I’m concerned about any aggression issues. TIA

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be good with that stocking. Always good to have lots of hiding spots and caves so that there's less aggression.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue green and cardinals are schooling fish and social in my experience. I would do a minimum of 3 each. Otherwise you .I get regret it. Like dry Thanksgiving dinner you will try it even finish it. But it won't be that great.

OP
OP
djryan2000

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue green and cardinals are schooling fish and social in my experience. I would do a minimum of 3 each. Otherwise you .I get regret it. Like dry Thanksgiving dinner you will try it even finish it. But it won't be that great.
I’ve always heard both species will kill themselves off until there’s 2 left, especially in a smaller tank.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always heard both species will kill themselves off until there’s 2 left, especially in a smaller tank.
Why not do a hawk fish, 1 swissgaurd basslet, and 1 blue reef chromis

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back