Fish stocking list

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my tank is 54 gallons DT with 11 gallons sump 3 ft long Red Sea Reefer 250.

I currently have 2 orange storms clownfish for about 20 days now.

I am thinking to add the following but not sure in which order. Also, if you have better fish or more fish to recommend please go ahead.

Banggai Cardinal 1x
Pajama Cardinal 1x
Or should I get 2x banggai cardinal instead?
1x royal gramma
1x Tanaka Pygmy wrasse
1x pink streaked wrasse (if I can find one my LFS hasn’t seen one ever)
1x Molly Miller blenny or tailspot Benny
1x yellow watcman goby
1x cleaner shrimps

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That list is perfectly reasonable. It looks like a lot of fish, but they are all small and mostly peaceful.

2 bangaii is fine, but if you happen to get 2 males, they may fight. I've never mixed cardinal species.

I would add the wrasse/wrasses next.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That list is perfectly reasonable. It looks like a lot of fish, but they are all small and mostly peaceful.

2 bangaii is fine, but if you happen to get 2 males, they may fight. I've never mixed cardinal species.

I would add the wrasse/wrasses next.

So you would add the wrasses next after clownfish? I thought they should be added last?

I am thinking to get Cardinal first and then royal gramma or yellow watchman goby?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you would add the wrasses next after clownfish? I thought they should be added last?

Possum and pink streaked wrasses are really peaceful and a little reclusive, hence my suggestion.

For the most part, you have a list of small and peaceful fishes that should ignore each other.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possum and pink streaked wrasses are really peaceful and a little reclusive, hence my suggestion.

For the most part, you have a list of small and peaceful fishes that should ignore each other.

For the time being, my LFS don’t have both wrasses that I want yet. So, is it okay to add one banggai cardinal and royal gramma together at the same time in 10 gallons QT tank? Will they fight?

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PSW and the possum are similar, the PSW is a little more zippy, I would chose one and mine would be the PSW. Mine is bullet proof healthy.

I would think about a tail spot blenny or similar, would be a great addition

MaxPado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good list. I had two bangii and I unfortunately got two males and the bigger one almost bullied the smaller one to death. Thankful was able to find a new home for him before this happened. There is no way of telling males from females so you would have to get lucky if you add two at once. And to answer your question about the gramma and cardinal, mine never fought but I added the cardinal first then the gramma.

Max

Smcevoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my tank is 54 gallons DT with 11 gallons sump 3 ft long Red Sea Reefer 250.

I currently have 2 orange storms clownfish for about 20 days now.

I am thinking to add the following but not sure in which order. Also, if you have better fish or more fish to recommend please go ahead.

Banggai Cardinal 1x
Pajama Cardinal 1x
Or should I get 2x banggai cardinal instead?
1x royal gramma
1x Tanaka Pygmy wrasse
1x pink streaked wrasse (if I can find one my LFS hasn’t seen one ever)
1x Molly Miller blenny or tailspot Benny
1x yellow watcman goby
1x cleaner shrimps
I was always told with schooling fish like cardinals get one or 3 of them as they school better and less chance of conflict

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Royal Gramma was sold out and I ended up only with one Banggai Cardinal. It is okay. It happened for a reason as my heart was not not sure whether RG would be okay for my tank or not as my tank is in the smaller side. I saw videos on YouTube where people trying to pull them out from tank as they became territorial.

how about long fun fairy wrasse super male or yellow coris wrasse with Tanaka Pygmy wrasse and pink streaked wrasse?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back