OP
OP
bitstream

bitstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key to breaking the life cycle is if the flukes involved are an egg laying species. One dose will usually kill off live bearing flukes, but praziquantel does not kill fluke eggs, so with the egg layers, one doe kills the adults, but then the fish get reinfected when new eggs hatch out. The timing on this s tough - there is some variation as to how long it takes the eggs to hatch. What you need to try and do is wait just long enough for all of the eggs to hatch, but not long enough for the newly hatched flukes to get new eggs. 8 days is an estimate.

It gets worse. On one of my clowns I noticed this powdery white coating on one side and it’s losing color on one of its stripes. Guessing it’s velvet or brook?

The other clown is fine so far. The Gramma is MIA and didn’t come out to feed, which is totally out of character as that fish is normally a pig at chow time.

IMG_1104.jpeg

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It gets worse. On one of my clowns I noticed this powdery white coating on one side and it’s losing color on one of its stripes. Guessing it’s velvet or brook?

The other clown is fine so far. The Gramma is MIA and didn’t come out to feed, which is totally out of character as that fish is normally a pig at chow time.

IMG_1104.jpeg
I answered on your other thread.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. Should I skim at all during the 16 days of treatment? Thus far I run the skimmer with the cup off only.

You can start to collect skimmate again 36-48 hours after each dose, but then take the cup off again for 36-48 hours.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back