Fish Suggestions for 125 Mixed Reef?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AKTank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AKTank

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
9
Location
Juneau, AK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I have. Thanks in advance [emoji2]

Yellow Tang (grumpy)
Lawnmower Blenny
2 Lyrtail Anthias - Females
5 PJ Cardinals
2 Ocellaris Clowns
Green Chromis
Watchman Goby (very small)

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1436415745.331381.jpg
 
Fairy, flasher, leopard, and most Halichoeres wrasses, pink square or bimaculatus anthias, marine betta, xebra dartfish.
 
Got the pair of fire fish. Forgot to put my melanurus wrasse on the list. I can't have other wrasses with it can I? Also, was told I can't have other anthias. Is that true? Considering a purple and a Tomini tangs. Thoughts?
 
Tomini are great don't know about a purple with a yellow could be problems with aggression.
 
I need something blue [emoji226]. No damsels allowed (I need a sign). Got the Chromis and getting more. Don't want Dori. Hmm...
 
How about a coral beauty or bicolor angel I hear you on the blue not many blue fish. I have a 125 too that is mostly stocked but I'm looking for a small blue fish. I've been Thinking blue reef chromis.
 
I love my Chromis but they have been hard for me to keep for some reason. Everything else likes to pester them. I guess because they are top water fish and make good targets [emoji39]
 
You can keep other wrasses with the melanurus, anthias as well, although using a social acclimation box to introduce new wrasses to an established wrasse.

The tomini and the purple tangs will work in a 125g.

+1 on blue gudgeons.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new