Fish suggestions...

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have had my mixed reef up since December.. I have been pretty careful about adding fish however i am now at a loss of what can be added to increase my bio load.

I have a pair of clown fish, A dwarf Angel (Cherub) and a flame hawk. The Cherub was added last, The flamehawk gave him a hard time for the first couple of days however all is fine. He has been in the tank for over 6 weeks now and they are buddies now.

The tank is 45 gallon cube, with sump. both SPS and LPS coral.

During this time I have had lost one fish a blue Chromis, he was the second fish added. I had him for a few months then he ended up getting a large white patch and passed the following day.
Clown fish (pair)
Blue Chromis (Gone)
Flame Hawk
Dwarf Angel

My only thoughts at this point would be to try to pair up the hawk or Angel but I would rather have something that was an open swimmer...

Any input?

Thanks!

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Reef Chromis or Springeri Damsels are cool for a nice pop of deep blue.
If you've got a cover, there are lots of wrasse choices.
Diver's Den regularly has yellow candy hogfish. These are really cool and colorful.
Banggai Cardinals are interesting and always out in the open.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Starry Blenny from some feedback on another thread. They too suggested a flasher wrasse... I have considered the Cardinals because they seem as they are always out in the open. A pair may be nice...

The Starry Blenny was also a good suggestion. Never knew that they change patterns/color until I read up on them. I have already seen this happen, he has not backed down from the Flame hawk and has demonstrated both pattern and color change. I think it was a very good recommendation. Both the flame hawk and Blenny are full of character... I am reading up on the fish mentioned...

Thanks

Last edited:

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking that the flame hawk would make trouble with Cardinals? (Harass them...)
Nope. I have one of each and no problems. The flame hawk doesn't bother him, the clown or the springeri.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back