Fish Suggestions?

smd189

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon. I need a suggestion on what would work best in my current setup. I’ve looked through Live Aquaria’s comp chart but would still like suggestions. My tank is 85 gallons. I currently have a pair of clowns, a yellow tang (I know tank is a little small), and a Mel. wrasse. I had a flame angel until this week but it was getting attacked by the tang and clowns. The 4 remaining fish get along great and seem very content. I know I cannot add that much more, but another 2-3 small fish would be nice. Suggestions on anything that might work with the current group would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flames are usually pretty feisty and can hold there own. Sounds like your fish do not want any new tank mates.

OP
OP
S

smd189

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flames are usually pretty feisty and can hold there own. Sounds like your fish do not want any new tank mates.
The clowns came first. Then the tang and angel. No problems for several weeks other then that the flame hid in a cave 24/7. Then the wrasse was added and still no issues. Finally, after 6-8 weeks, the angel came out for the first time and got hammered. The angel seemed so meek from day 1. Thanks.

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few hours I think
It is to get the fish prepared and to check themselves out before entering the tank

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use it as a punishment box also. If needing to add another fish you can put your most aggressive fish in there for awhile. Sometimes that works.
I have a yellow tang (had since a baby) and a coral beauty in a 75. That's it.
Those compatibility charts are fine until the fish are together.
In your case, you have a bunch of aggressive fish all in one tank. Usually the last one added gets spanked.
Rule of thumb is you add the most aggressive last. Only the strong survive.
Clowns can be extremely aggressive. I have a 7 year old clown I had to move to his own tank by himself. He just couldn't be with anything anymore.
Sometimes you can move all the rockwork around.
But usually, what I've found is when somebody doesn't like someone, they'll find them no matter what.
Clowns are like chihuahuas. They'll take on anything no matter how big cuz they think they are big dogs.
Just my experience. All fish have their own personalities.
I would go with a trigger. Niger probably.
I loved mine but not reef safe. No one will pick on that except another trigger.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back