Fish territorial biting

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had a royal gramma and a Midas blenny in my 32 gallon Biocube for a few months now. My Midas blenny has become the alpha in the tank and I have seen my royal grammas tail nipped a few times in the past few months (recovers within a week). I just moved my tank 2 weeks ago and they have both found their territories but it seems like they’re being as aggressive as when I first introduced the Midas. I just caught them biting each other’s mouth for a second and then separating. I know this is territory related because they both did their territorial gestures aka opening their mouths before and after. This is the first time I have caught them being aggressive to each other but I know it has been happening. Should I just let them settle their differences in the new scape or put one of them in the breeders net? Also, is this something that’s normal?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas blenny just bein' a midas blenny. May stop...may not. Bigger tank would help.
Yeah, he's always been a jerk. If hypothetically nothing gets worse than this aggression and the usual chasing, is this royal gramma and other inhabitants I'll add going to be fine with him?

Back