Fish Tournament: Dwarf Angels. Round 1, Vote 7

  • Thread starter Thread starter danenelsen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lemonpeel Angelfish or Rusty Angelfish?

  • Lemonpeel

    Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Rusty

    Votes: 5 26.3%

  • Total voters
    19
  • Poll closed .

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2022
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
7,184
Location
Dallas/Fort Worth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the seventh day of the Dwarf Angel Tournament! While choosing a fish, both appearance and temperament can be considered. Here we’re go! @Reefkeepers Archive

Previous Winners:
Fisher’s VS. Pygmy Yellowtail
Bicolor VS. Japanese
Half Black VS. Yellowfin
Orange Peel
VS. Narc
Golden VS. True Shepard’s
Peppermint VS. Solar Flare Flame

Lemonpeel Angelfish (Centropyge flavissima)
IMG_1760.jpeg


Rusty Angelfish (Centropyge ferrugatus)
IMG_1761.jpeg
 
Welcome to the seventh day of the Dwarf Angel Tournament! While choosing a fish, both appearance and temperament can be considered. Here we’re go! @Reefkeepers Archive

Previous Winners:
Fisher’s VS. Pygmy Yellowtail
Bicolor VS. Japanese
Half Black VS. Yellowfin
Orange Peel
VS. Narc
Golden VS. True Shepard’s
Peppermint VS. Solar Flare Flame

Lemonpeel Angelfish (Centropyge flavissima)
IMG_1760.jpeg


Rusty Angelfish (Centropyge ferrugatus)
IMG_1761.jpeg
I love both, but I have to give it to the Lemon Peel.

I think we need a thread to show people all these fish with brighter yellows and less aggressive tendencies than the yellow tangs.
 
I love both, but I have to give it to the Lemon Peel.

I think we need a thread to show people all these fish with brighter yellows and less aggressive tendencies than the yellow tangs.
Yes! I was planning to stock a yellow tang, but when I first came across the Lemonpeel, I quickly switched my plans!
 
Going with lemon peel on this one. I've always liked the way they looked!
 
Definitely! The blue eyeshadow is very unique!
I love how the blue eye ring is seen on a few angels - Such as the flame back.
IMG_8735.jpeg


Yet it definitely seems unusual on the lemon peel considering it’s got a very vibrant body with a blue eye. You’d assume that would make their eye more obvious to predators.
 
I love how the blue eye ring is seen on a few angels - Such as the flame back.
IMG_8735.jpeg


Yet it definitely seems unusual on the lemon peel considering it’s got a very vibrant body with a blue eye. You’d assume that would make their eye more obvious to predators.
I agree, the blue eye ring really sets apart the angels that have them. I couldn’t find any information on why they have it though…
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new