Fish Trapped in a Jellyfish

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Australian photographer Tim Samuel managed to get a once-in-a-lifetime shot while free diving off The Pass in Byron Bay, on the north coast of New South Wales. The marvelous images present the bizarre sight of a fish stuck inside of a jellyfish. Even more unusual is that, according to Samuel, the trapped fish was able to control where the jellyfish moved, like some sort of twisted version of a living and breathing submarine.

The shots seem to capture the expression of utmost horror (or maybe it's confusion?) on the face of the poor little fish, confined to his jelly-prison. A photographer for over five years, and a surfing instructor before that, Samuel claims to have never seen anything like this in all his years spent in the water.

MNdZ51JnUv7-VGY0wm5H_fishtrappedinsidejellyfish3.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! There are certan fish that associate with Jellies and have some immunity to the stings, but this is on an altogether different level!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back