Fish Trapping

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally underestimated the intelligence of my fish. Trying to trap a Scopas and Foxface out of my 90. They won’t go anywhere near it even with nori in it. I also read a where a guy used just red lights to simply net his fish and always had success. I don’t run LEDs, so I went a grabbed some clamp on lights and some red bulbs. I ran my tank all day today with just the red bulbs on.....nothing! I think they just thought it was night night time all day. Any tips?????

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to get all my fish out of tank a while ago when I had an ich issue. The best technique I found was to run the lights normally during the day, but then an hour or two after the lights went off turn them back on at full brightness. The fish should be asleep by then and they are kind of stunned and blinded by the bright lights and they were quite easy to net at that point.

It didn’t work for fish that slept in the rocks, like my blue hippo tang, but I was able to get about 90% of my fish out that way within about 10 or 15 minutes.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back