Fish waste

edc_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some fish waste that settles on the sand bed and it’s kinda a eye sore so is there any fish or something that can take care of that

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some fish waste that settles on the sand bed and it’s kinda a eye sore so is there any fish or something that can take care of that

It will break down naturally. Clean up crew should take care of it, as well.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should the clean up crew consists of ?

Typical microfauna that lives in rock and sand in a reef tank, pods and worms....etc. Snails, hermit crabs.....

Sand sifting gobies can clean the sand.

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an army of speghetti worms that do a great job. I also have a goby/ pistol shrimp pair that keep the sand turned. If I see a buildup on the surface of the sand though, I know something is not quite right with my flow and I need to adjust the direction of my powerheads, clean them or add another powerhead. You should have enough flow in your tank that fish poo can't really settle. That being said... I have a tang that seems to be litter box trained and he always hunkers down in the exact same corner every single time. That's the only corner that I ever see any fish waste. But even then if I do notice it, it seems to be gone about an hour later.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back