FishFace NJ build

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can tell you I am happy I ran a dip bucket with high salinity before placing the KP rocks into QT. I had gotten a shipment back in Jan 2021 and didn't do the high salinity...just QT it.
It’s a neat trick I look forward to trying out someday. How long do you dip? Do the shrimp survive the process?

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dipped each 5 minutes just to make sure. They will survive if you put them in regular salinity once they come out. I took the starfish and place them in the QT. I just fed them

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dipped each 5 minutes just to make sure. They will survive if you put them in regular salinity once they come out. I took the starfish and place them in the QT. I just fed them
Okay cool sounds quick and easy. Congrats on your live rock!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just finished rinsing the KP rocks that got delivered this morning. I had the salinity at 1.035 and a powerhead in an empty IO bucket. No sign of life came out when I dipped the first rock. Took out the rock and placed it back into the delivery bag/box. I upped the salinity to 1.040 and then dipped the rock again. Bam! A whole lot of life came out of the first rock. 4 pistol shrimps, harlequin starfishes, worms and 3 tiny clear crabs.

So is this a fireworm?

F5972FE7-BE81-42D1-9E06-7FDE299046C0.jpeg
Thread 'Fireworms have feelings!' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fireworms-have-feelings.841247/

Have done no wrong. Most have been murdered. I only see 1 left now. Hundreds of normal bristle worms everywhere.

It's the bearded fireworms that pose a threat.

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a LOT of bristleworms, and they are pretty long! The fireworm is still in the bucket. I feel bad but not bad enough to put him in my DT.
Easier to catch than normal bristle worms. Don't make me prove it. But, toss him. You never know.

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The few fishes in my DT have all come from @tsmaquatics. I purchased on Sunday locally a blue star leopard wrasse. He is currently in a QT tank with sand and will stay there for the next few months. I was planning to just observe him for 3 or 4 months and if there was no sign of disease he would not get treated. After much reading this morning I have changed my mind. I have not medicated him. I will not until he's eating well and is plump as a Thanksgiving turkey. Following HumbleFish directions for Wrasses: He will eventually get deworm using praziquantel. I'll be using Copper Power and not CP do not able to get a RX from two vets I called this morning.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I took some of the refunded money from the TSM order and bought more of the KP Aquatic rock that is shipped in water last Thursday. I should be getting a confirm for delivery/shipping soon. Figuar better to have more rocks in my sump. I have 5 MarinePure bricks in my sump that are crumbling and making a mess. I'd like to get them out
I won't use marine pure anymore. It does make a mess

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't use marine pure anymore. It does make a mess
I removed 4 bricks when I put in the KP rocks in the sump. I still have a few more bricks to remove. I'll do another KP purchase later this summer and then I can remove the rest of the bricks. I threw the bricks into one of my running QT

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised the blue star leopard is still alive. I haven't seen him eat when I put the mysis and flakes in. They told me that they feed their fish flakes. I haven't used flakes until now to feed my fish. I have 3 bottles of pods due here today. I empty it into the QT with the leopard.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was got 2 1/2 hours later
TSM, computer automatically relists fish when not shipped ,but the removes shorty after,
have seen this many times.

tsmaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TSM, computer automatically relists fish when not shipped ,but the removes shorty after,
have seen this many times.
When we refund a customer, the system will automatically relist the fish. We then immediately go back and remove the fish from stock. If you have any questions about our stock availability shoot us an email for a quicker response [email protected]

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love @tsmaquatics. Wish they had more peaceful fish that would go into a 40B.

@Crabby48 What is metro? I haven't order meds yet. Not looking forward to give him it. Right now he is not stressed (his color has improved) and eating.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love @tsmaquatics. Wish they had more peaceful fish that would go into a 40B.

@Crabby48 What is metro? I haven't order meds yet. Not looking forward to give him it. Right now he is not stressed (his color has improved) and eating.
Metro treats uronema and worms. It’s similar to prazi as far as meds are. Not saying jump into it but definitely read up. Last batch I did I used general cure witch contains prazi and metro. After dosing it to water I bind it to food to kill internal. That treatment I think is the two important ones with wrasse. Can I ask what lfs it came from?

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t done an update in a while. Tank is doing well….hope I didn’t jinks it. Alk is at 7. If I go higher colors become unhappy

I was away in Florida two weeks ago. I left my boys to feed the fish. The doser was just put on before I left. Alk went up to 7.8. Just got it back to 7 yesterday. Nitrates are 2 and phosphate 0.01.

T5 just went off 30 minutes ago

I haven’t done a water change since Christmas. I made some IORC for a water change yesterday. When I measured the alk of the new mixed water it was at 10. That just too high for the tank. I ordered Loudwolf sodium bisulfate on Amazon and I will get it around aug 9th. I’ll use that to get the alk lower.

I was one of the lucky wins of the World Wide Corals giveaway! I’ll need to add a rock or rearrange the rocks on the right to put my prize on! I need a bigger tank. I’m holding off on the upgrade. We bought a condo in Cape Coral FL and that is where my new tank will go. Condo association will allow up to 100 gallons

I will update when I receive my present from @WWC
C5EA4777-08B3-44FA-8A7D-B6480A04B110.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back