Fishless Cycle w/Fritz & Dr. Tim’s

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to cycle a 32G and want to use fritz 900 Turbo Start. I am definitely doing a fishless cycle, wasn’t a fan of cycling in the past with fish. Obviously I need an ammonia supplement now to do this, my question is am I able to use the ammonia chloride by Dr. Tim’s with the Fritz successfully or do you have to use the other Dr.Tim’s bacteria for best cycling results? I’d really like to just use the fritz
Thanks

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am about to cycle a 32G and want to use fritz 900 Turbo Start. I am definitely doing a fishless cycle, wasn’t a fan of cycling in the past with fish. Obviously I need an ammonia supplement now to do this, my question is am I able to use the ammonia chloride by Dr. Tim’s with the Fritz successfully or do you have to use the other Dr.Tim’s bacteria for best cycling results? I’d really like to just use the fritz
Thanks
Sounds like that should work fine to me. I don't particularly think there is a difference in mixing and matching brands. I did similar with different products (just looked for bacteria + food source for the cheapest price).

I also added some liquid phosphate too as a source of phosphate for bacteria (although I don't think most do that, but it made sense to me since bacteria need phosphate).

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine.
Yup, it’s not like the incompatibility between Adobe and Microsoft products. Reefs are smarter than computers, imo.

Work Out Exercise GIF by Lizzo

It should work out fine!

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ammonia from fritz, or dr Tim or DIY will be well-consumed by the fritz bacteria. the source of the ammonia doesn't matter.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back