OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alpheus pistol shrimp just triple sucker punched Annabeth my pink spotted goby in the face

she’s now floating upstate down in her cave, swaying in the flow

RIP...:(

Last edited:

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alpheus pistol shrimp just triple sucker punched Annabeth my pink spotted goby in the face

she’s now floating upstate down in her cave, swaying in the flow

RIP...:(
That is so sad. I am not a fan of those guys bc of my experience with them. I often thought a little tank would be cool bc then I could catch them if they became a problem. But never again in a big tank.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so sad. I am not a fan of those guys bc of my experience with them. I often thought a little tank would be cool bc then I could catch them if they became a problem. But never again in a big tank.
Yeah- I’ve had two now and haven’t seen either for more than a few hours every 6 months since I put them in.

more and more of these little things happen make me feel like ripping this thing down and starting over

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah- I’ve had two now and haven’t seen either for more than a few hours every 6 months since I put them in.

more and more of these little things happen make me feel like ripping this thing down and starting over
Nah, don’t do that. It will just be new and different challenges. Truly! I would try to catch that turd though, if I could. Feed it way more for sure, if you cant catch it. I really think this kinda stuff is par for the course. I just realized that is a golf thing bc I have gone with the kids to play disc golf. LOL

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my fungis babies is chowing down on what appears to be a free floating polyp of my purple cap green hammer

except- I moved that guy to QT 3.5 weeks ago after seeing a bristleworm eating it’s trunk

can polyps last that long?

FF287090-C75D-4553-96CB-B6766FF6A853.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was premature on calling KIA on annabeth

I couldn’t see any sign of her in her cave, so I did a little exploring and saw a part of a raggedy tail fin coming out from under my Xenia rock.
I moved it and sure enough, annabeth is there looking really rough. Sadly, I think maybe the hermits took advantage while she was in her knockout coma, and they’ve completely shredded her fins.

shes now in the main fish QT tank hanging out with Molly Collective while I set up the ICU with NFG and individual personalized care and some nutritional boosting

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was premature on calling KIA on annabeth

I couldn’t see any sign of her in her cave, so I did a little exploring and saw a part of a raggedy tail fin coming out from under my Xenia rock.
I moved it and sure enough, annabeth is there looking really rough. Sadly, I think maybe the hermits took advantage while she was in her knockout coma, and they’ve completely shredded her fins.

shes now in the main fish QT tank hanging out with Molly Collective while I set up the ICU with NFG and individual personalized care and some nutritional boosting
Okey dokey! It is a little miracle! I hope she pulls through. Poor thing. Sounds like a good plan.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the longest you’ve hung out in my thread for a while @Victoria M ... what do you have your eye on, lol

in other news... I need a drill press...

butat least it kinda lines up and it’s 89 degrees on square...

8485DA01-2D68-4EE3-AC1C-BB67C1954430.jpeg
Is it? I am sitting on my phone too much today.
what is that thingy? A light thingy?

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it? I am sitting on my phone too much today.
what is that thingy? A light thingy?
Lol, I’m playing... you look at the post counter recently...

it’s like a lay-up you just can’t miss

and yep- it’s a light thingy. Aka- fully adjustable aluminum light rail. Working on it during naps this week

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I’m playing... you look at the post counter recently...

it’s like a lay-up you just can’t miss

and yep- it’s a light thingy. Aka- fully adjustable aluminum light rail. Working on it during naps this week
That is pretty cool. By fully adjustable do you mean height=up and down, or light configuration?
For a minute I was like “whats a lay-up?”

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back