Fishroom Reality Check

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 random 4 second power cuts on the apex today, so my return stopped, pulled a siphon for 2 seconds then restarted. Two yesterday.

Annoying thing is, I have the alerts to send me a text every time the return is turned off. I don’t get an alarm, but I do get an alarm off notification when it restarts.

It also means I’m starting to feel like I can’t trust this thing. Not a good feeling after investing about $1k into it
This is absolutely gut wrenching. Is a poor wireless internet connection? I just don’t understand. I see these complaints quite a bit.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is absolutely gut wrenching. Is a poor wireless internet connection? I just don’t understand. I see these complaints quite a bit.
No. I hardwired it. I ran 75 feet of premium cat6 specifically to avoid bs like this

I don’t know what the issue is. When/if I ge time for a support session, I’m putting in a ticket

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THat fishroom gives me legit panic attacks. I can’t look at pics of it without hyperventilating, lol

I am sure I would feel that way in it. I just luv the juxtaposition of his tank, his success and how his fishroom looks. I think it works ( nearly) flawlessly though. I figure I better add that “nearly” for karmas sake.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I hardwired it. I ran 75 feet of premium cat6 specifically to avoid crap like this

I don’t know what the issue is. When/if I ge time for a support session, I’m putting in a ticket

Man, that is terrible. Just terrible.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than not putting up the 20long floating mangrove garden, of the observation 40b in the fishroom, that space is almost exactly as planned. I measured and remeasured down to inches to get everything in optimally so no real ability to change it.

The auxiliary room is a definite change. Expanded the footprint. But only by about 20sqft. I intended on 4x 10g tanks. 2 TTM, a cuc qt and a coral QT. But I’ve ended up with 3x 10g TTM abd peroxide tanks, a 20ling observation tank, a 10g cuc/worm tank, a 10g anemone specific tank, a 10g coral qt but have space (I tend to fill) for another 20long, and 2 10g tanks.

But I’m done. No more space. I start encroaching into storage and storm shelter areas if I want more. That’s a hard no.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference tomorrow... good idea @Victoria M

781CF1A8-3F09-447F-9B28-48EA1EEF2F50.jpeg

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2 of the reorganisation

AS I wait for the new anemone recuperation abd QT tank to come up to temp, I made something

I’m buying an RBTA in Monday and wanted to find a nice decent rock I can attach him to then move with him to the display. But I’m out of rocks. But I have rubble, and shells...

You know those kinda ridiculous glass anemone cups that are out there?

How does my rustic, all natural organic free range version look?

A9F2FC31-FD21-4B95-A256-7695190852D8.jpeg
FF54C736-FF81-4CFF-9684-E6E1E32E6181.jpeg
4BABA710-8221-4FC4-909C-C080D95BC510.jpeg

Plan is to put this in QT and have the RBTA settle in the shell, then after 16 days, move the whole thing to DT. I have a small shelf low down and out of flow that he might like.

Of course, 4 minutes later, he’s going to poo off and go walking but at least I have some level of control during this pre-purchase phase.

Stupid, right?

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also- I just read that encrusting montipora will literally bulldoze everything in their path.

I planned to get some Superman and mystic sunset montipora and let them spread over the legs of the arch. But now I’m reading people suggest isolating them like you would Xenia or gsp

Green circles around montipora legs and yellow arrow is RBTA shelf

7BF74C5F-1E97-4C62-B6CE-A079F394A433.jpeg

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. It looks nice, actually. I might "borrow" this idea.
Does the cup help them in some way? We want a BTA before we get clownfish so I'd like to maximize my chance for success.

I think the glass cups let them settle in protected from flow and the idea is that they ‘blossom’ out like a flower. I’ve seen them with suction cups to stick to the tank walls

The idea fir the shell is that it’ll support the foot and be smooth enough that I can peel him off . If I put it in a decent spot hopefully it won’t go walking.

Honestly- I didn’t give it much more thought than ‘that shell looks smooth like those stupid glass cups’

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done prepping the coral invert bench. Need to rerun a couple outlets, plus OSB overcthat wall, but everything is running.

Left to right-

Tiger nassarius/cuc/feather duster abd a coco worm

Coral QT: 2 fungus graduate nov 11, mint tip purple torch. It’s actually about to split I think

Anemone rehab/16 day QT: plan is to room the LTA (poor dude, having a hard time of it :() abd The soon to be bought RBTA for 16 days (to get some zooxanthelae in the water, hopefully some will populate the LTA), move the RBTA to display for the perculas, then aggressively treat the lay with super tight parameters, cipro, abd target feeding with scallops from Publix. I’ve read a few threads on the Anemone specific forum but will be asking a bunch of questions over the next week.

I want this guy to get better. Then I can decide if I keep him, or trade. May end up in my macro fuge.

F61F67C9-69A8-492D-8C43-9DAE9ED155CF.jpeg

The other side of the room has the 20long Observation tank, and once I get to petco, I’ll have another 10g to add to the one image cleaning now.!

I found all the fish I want in my first list at blue zoo aquatics- once I confirm they will all play nice in TTM, I’ll be moving forward. Hoping that’ll be the middle of next week!

Midas blenny
Mccoskers flasher wrasse
Starry blenny
Maybe a Pygmy hawkfish if I can confirm my feather duster will be safe. Probably not.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back