Fishroom Reality Check

This guy was out and about this morning.

226d6035f4ad46c5d8a70bf8f11da28b.jpg


Haven’t been downstairs yet. Still working on baby and coffee
 
Caught some hole digging action by the female clown (they’ve ramped up their breeding dances the past couple days) so I caught some video of the tank

MJF is the photobomb queen

 
Sorry- Oliver Babish, the lawyer from west wing. Looks a little portly, and scooter—> scooter Libby—> republican lawyer—> west wing characters (still doing that bs) —> Oliver babish.

Obvious, no?
 
That’s all Katie- nothing to do with me. I just build them an awesome habitat, feed them,clean them, make sure they don’t die — fail, :( — I don’t get to name them
 
So, down to 1 dispar. She’d seemed to be eating frozen mysis and bribe shrimp mixed with selcon and GC Focus for a few days, but was thin when I found her. Either dying of starvation (the thought that I poorly fed these fish leading to their demise is making me feel like total crap right now) or the uronema we suspected earlier. I don’t know. The remainder is 3 days out from having completed 14 days in Copper power at 1.65-1.75 (checking and residing as necessary every two days) and into a new tank he goes. I need to figure out if there’s something better I can be feeding her before she hits DT

Petco should be getting some copepods in today/ tomorrow so I can get scooter eating something other than gut loaded brine
 
So, down to 1 dispar. She’d seemed to be eating frozen mysis and bribe shrimp mixed with selcon and GC Focus for a few days, but was thin when I found her. Either dying of starvation (the thought that I poorly fed these fish leading to their demise is making me feel like total crap right now) or the uronema we suspected earlier. I don’t know. The remainder is 3 days out from having completed 14 days in Copper power at 1.65-1.75 (checking and residing as necessary every two days) and into a new tank he goes. I need to figure out if there’s something better I can be feeding her before she hits DT

Petco should be getting some copepods in today/ tomorrow so I can get scooter eating something other than gut loaded brine

Agh. Sorry buddy. That’s a bummer. Anthias are tough in QT. Always had trouble with them and chromis.
 
Agh. Sorry buddy. That’s a bummer. Anthias are tough in QT. Always had trouble with them and chromis.

Thanks man, appreciate it. I’ll try again in a few months once I have some of my bigger livestock done. Just worried that the ‘lone survivor’ might not adapt to a new school after being on her own for a while.
 
So, last week, I saw ALL of my hermits hanging out around the ricks where I last saw Toby, my Randall’s goby. So I put it down to CUC doing CUC things and cleaning up his corpse. I hadn’t seen him in 4 days at that point, or since, so I was resigned to it.

Cue this following convo with my wife this morning:

M: so, I think Toby didn’t make it. Saw the hermits go nuts over in his corner the other day.
W: what do you mean?
M: I think he passed.
W: you mean that Toby ( points to opposite side of tank). At Toby.
M: what the heck, yes.
W: he’s been there since Saturday. Pops out every couple hours to say hi.

07246a8452053e9a2695084be3a3e8a0.jpg


Still a little skittish, so hard to get a pic.


When I did the rockscape, I made little caves under the ‘legs’ of the main piece, for exactly this purpose. He originally went to the rocks I hadn’t prepared in this way, so I’m glad he moved home and found somewhere more suitable. Also means he is going to be the little showpiece that I wanted him to be. His Alpheus pistol buddy should be coming this week, QT until he moly’s then in he goes.
 
So, last week, I saw ALL of my hermits hanging out around the ricks where I last saw Toby, my Randall’s goby. So I put it down to CUC doing CUC things and cleaning up his corpse. I hadn’t seen him in 4 days at that point, or since, so I was resigned to it.

Cue this following convo with my wife this morning:

M: so, I think Toby didn’t make it. Saw the hermits go nuts over in his corner the other day.
W: what do you mean?
M: I think he passed.
W: you mean that Toby ( points to opposite side of tank). At Toby.
M: what the heck, yes.
W: he’s been there since Saturday. Pops out every couple hours to say hi.

07246a8452053e9a2695084be3a3e8a0.jpg


Still a little skittish, so hard to get a pic.


When I did the rockscape, I made little caves under the ‘legs’ of the main piece, for exactly this purpose. He originally went to the rocks I hadn’t prepared in this way, so I’m glad he moved home and found somewhere more suitable. Also means he is going to be the little showpiece that I wanted him to be. His Alpheus pistol buddy should be coming this week, QT until he moly’s then in he goes.

Ha! That’s awesome news man. Friggen, Toby!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new