OP
OP
Fishy Guy

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a piece of green Sinularia from a local reefer. It’s a fresh cut so isn’t on a plug or rock yet; I’ve got it very loosely rubber banded to a plug.

IMG_6803.jpeg

IMG_6804.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a piece of green Sinularia from a local reefer. It’s a fresh cut so isn’t on a plug or rock yet; I’ve got it very loosely rubber banded to a plug.

IMG_6803.jpeg

IMG_6804.jpeg
I hope it attaches with no problems. I got my rubber banded to a plug but it coming loose. I eventually put it in a plastic container with rock rubble and put it in a low flow area. In about a week it attached to a rock and I took it out and mounted it on my scape.
AE5D8C2E-7E5C-425A-B08C-FCAA71DE26E7.jpeg

OP
OP
Fishy Guy

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I don’t think my acan is going to survive the chalice encounter. Going to try a melafix dip today but I’m not hopeful.

I knew I’d lose something eventually but bummed as it’s 100% my fault, was easily avoidable, and the acan was one of my favorites.

IMG_6809.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I don’t think my acan is going to survive the chalice encounter. Going to try a melafix dip today but I’m not hopeful.

I knew I’d lose something eventually but bummed as it’s 100% my fault, was easily avoidable, and the acan was one of my favorites.

IMG_6809.jpeg
So sorry Will, I also lost an acan to my chalice. I chalk it up to a learning experience and has since fragged the chalice which I will continue to do to not let the size get out of hand again. I don’t think yours is a goner, still a lot of tissue and a bunch of healthy little heads around the parameter. Good luck and happy reefing!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_6803.jpeg

IMG_6804.jpeg
Ohhh, I love it!

That’s a coral I really want to add.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it attaches with no problems. I got my rubber banded to a plug but it coming loose. I eventually put it in a plastic container with rock rubble and put it in a low flow area. In about a week it attached to a rock and I took it out and mounted it on my scape.
AE5D8C2E-7E5C-425A-B08C-FCAA71DE26E7.jpeg
Whoh- have I not noticed that in your tank?!? Is it a named on I could get?

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry Will, I also lost an acan to my chalice. I chalk it up to a learning experience and has since fragged the chalice which I will continue to do to not let the size get out of hand again. I don’t think yours is a goner, still a lot of tissue and a bunch of healthy little heads around the parameter. Good luck and happy reefing!
I agree on some healthy parts stil there. He might be really ugly for awhile, but hopefully he will come back

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoh- have I not noticed that in your tank?!? Is it a named on I could get?
Just a green Sinularia, I’ve had to frag it a couple times. It moved from the side to the very far back left of the tank. When you come for the birdsnest frag I’ll have a frag of the sinularia for you ;) !

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a green Sinularia, I’ve had to frag it a couple times. It moved from the side to the very far back left of the tank. When you come for the birdsnest frag I’ll have a frag of the sinularia for you ;) !
You have no idea how much I’d like to do that.

Gonna need some frags from Tim too. And someday, when the rest of us with new tanks have frags, I’d like to add as well. The Smorgasbord Garden!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All I have are frags. Except Birdsnest. My Birdsnest is a colony.

OP
OP
Fishy Guy

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change and testing yesterday; really happy where everything is at right now.

SG - 1.026
NO3 - 11.3
PO4 - 0.10
Alk - 8.0
Ca - 430

I found my other trochus so everyone is accounted for. I think I need to get some more trochus and/or astraeas. Glass and rocks need more attention; will probably pick up some more blue leg hermits too.

Also, more new corals… There is too many local reefers offering up frags lol. Picked up scarlet fever and Rasta zoas, and a meteor shower cyphastrea.

IMG_6815.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change and testing yesterday; really happy where everything is at right now.

SG - 1.026
NO3 - 11.3
PO4 - 0.10
Alk - 8.0
Ca - 430

I found my other trochus so everyone is accounted for. I think I need to get some more trochus and/or astraeas. Glass and rocks need more attention; will probably pick up some more blue leg hermits too.

Also, more new corals… There is too many local reefers offering up frags lol. Picked up scarlet fever and Rasta zoas, and a meteor shower cyphastrea.

IMG_6815.jpeg
Wow, really looking great Will, is it just me or is your tank coming along quickly?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’ve definitely gone faster than the prevailing wisdom here recommends. Tank has been wet since Dec 20th.
Well done, it is going smoothly, keep it up.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SG - 1.026
NO3 - 11.3
PO4 - 0.10
Alk - 8.0
Ca - 430

IMG_6815.jpeg
Rastas - my absolute fav - have two frags, one on each side.

Blue=legged are the best. Josh just did a really cool explanation on his favorite CUC. Interesting on the size of hermit he likes - I picked up some at LFS yesterday they finally got some in.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back