Fishy's first reef tank - IM 25 Lagoon

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a thing… Maybe I shouldn’t be allowed out with only the supervision of a 3 and 5 year old ha.

IMG_6725.jpeg
Beautiful fish, I love my royal gramma!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be traumatized, hasn’t moved from that back corner.
Yes they are like that. For the first week, maybe two, they will hide a lot but after that they will be out and about all the time. It is just how they are. Man, their colors pop.

OP
OP
Fishy Guy

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are like that. For the first week, maybe two, they will hide a lot but after that they will be out and about all the time. It is just how they are. Man, their colors pop.
Good to know. They’re certainly beautiful fish. It was sitting so still that a nassarius tried to climb it ha.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whole gang is out tonight!

IMG_6757.jpeg
All my eyes are drawn to is that stunning fish with the spot on its tail! Every time you post a fts your tank looks better and better!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whole gang is out tonight!

IMG_6757.jpeg
Wow! Tank is looking fantastic! Love your coral placement. And you even got the shrimp to come out for the family photo!

What’s the purple stick on the left- my eyes arnt so good

OP
OP
Fishy Guy

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Tank is looking fantastic! Love your coral placement. And you even got the shrimp to come out for the family photo!

What’s the purple stick on the left- my eyes arnt so good
In the back left? That's a devil's hand leather. He's turned so it's looking at it from the side compared to how it normally is.

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added another jar of Galaxy Pods last night and starting phyto dosing again. Still dialing in my AFR dosing, levels this morning are 8.5 alk and 420 calcium.

Going to let things just ride for a bit as tank continues to mature.
Real nice! How much AFR are you dosing daily? Manual or using a dosing pump?

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got room for a six-line and this has really got me re-considering it. I was fairly settled on a pink streaked but can't find one so...
I had been on a waiting list for one from saltwaterfish.com for quite a while, finally got one in and it was DOA. Hoping for another sooner than later, I should get an email when they are back in stock/took their credit for a replacement, I can give you a heads up if you'd like! (pink streaked that is)

OP
OP
Fishy Guy

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real nice! How much AFR are you dosing daily? Manual or using a dosing pump?
Thanks. I'm doing 5ml manually right now. Not making any quick changes as I monitor it but that may be a touch high.
I had been on a waiting list for one from saltwaterfish.com for quite a while, finally got one in and it was DOA. Hoping for another sooner than later, I should get an email when they are back in stock/took their credit for a replacement, I can give you a heads up if you'd like! (pink streaked that is)
I appreciate it but I ended up getting a six-line instead. Wanted to get something quickly to help with a zoa-eating nudi problem I was having. My LFS said they would most likely be able to order a pink streaked in April; said spring is when they become available for whatever reason.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added another jar of Galaxy Pods last night and starting phyto dosing again. Still dialing in my AFR dosing, levels this morning are 8.5 alk and 420 calcium.

Going to let things just ride for a bit as tank continues to mature.
Same on the AFR!! It’s a learning curve!

OP
OP
Fishy Guy

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same on the AFR!! It’s a learning curve!
I will say I'm having much better luck keeping levels stable while dialing in the AFR than I did with the ESV 2-part.

With the 2-part I could pretty consistently manage calcium and it matched up with the online calculators. Alk on the other hand did not match the calculators and the same dose would have a different effect on different days; really puzzling. Though the ESV Ca is good to mix in with my new batches of water since the IO I have mixes low.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm doing 5ml manually right now. Not making any quick changes as I monitor it but that may be a touch high.

I appreciate it but I ended up getting a six-line instead. Wanted to get something quickly to help with a zoa-eating nudi problem I was having. My LFS said they would most likely be able to order a pink streaked in April; said spring is when they become available for whatever reason.
Ya I’ve read they are seasonal. Any dent in the nudi population?

OP
OP
Fishy Guy

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I’ve read they are seasonal. Any dent in the nudi population?
I found one more right after putting them all back in the tank after the melafix dip but haven't seen any since. That was before adding the six-line. I'm keeping a close eye to make sure I didn't miss any eggs that might hatch; hopefully they become wrasse food if I did. Zoas are looking much better and are consistently open again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back