Fitting sump under Marineland 75 gallon stand

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Was wondering if anybody has any experience with this. I am looking to buy a standard 75 gallon marineland tank and stand and tank in the next week, but without being able to see it physically yet, I’m not sure if my sump will be able to fit under the stand. I know dimension-wise it will fit in the space underneath, but I’m worried about being able to actually insert it (front, top, back??). I have a Trigger Systems Ruby 30 sump. Any input or experiences are appreciated. Thanks!

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed the front center brace and then reinforced the front top and sides with 1x4s. Glued and stapled. plenty strong enough.

OP
OP
Boxofpurplerocks

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed the front center brace and then reinforced the front top and sides with 1x4s. Glued and stapled. plenty strong enough.
That’s not a bad idea, do you have any pics or a build thread where you did this?

OP
OP
Boxofpurplerocks

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the sump in prior to putting the tank on the stand. It will drop in from above without having to remove bracing.
That would be great, I think no modifying the stand would be my preference. Is the floor (base?) of the stand able to withstand the weight of a sump?

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have that exact same tank and stand. I was able to fit a 36” long sump in the stand by placing it in from top of the stand, just like @GaryE said.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an eshopps r200 in the same cabinet. It is slightly taller than the ruby, fit without mods.
After the tank was in place.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and stand x2.

I also have a trigger systems 26 in one and a 20L home build in the other. Going from above is the best setup. The one with the trigger, I did from the rear. Took out the center support. Complete pain the the butt.

OP
OP
Boxofpurplerocks

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and stand x2.

I also have a trigger systems 26 in one and a 20L home build in the other. Going from above is the best setup. The one with the trigger, I did from the rear. Took out the center support. Complete pain the the butt.
Good to know, definitely going the top route.

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not a bad idea, do you have any pics or a build thread where you did this?
I painted the 1x4s black to match but you should be able to see how I sistered them to the stock boards. Dropping it in from top will work but if you ever have to get it out, your breaking down the tank or breaking the sump. And maintenance is so much better without the center brace. FYI, there’s no wobble or anything and is probably stronger than than it was. That being said, if your not comfortable doing carpentry work, then dropping it in first is might be your best bet.
448D10B7-719A-4E6E-9827-D86B537C617A.jpeg
BF05962E-C915-4140-978E-07D8DB8486CE.jpeg
679C93D6-C939-4C87-BDFD-5BC69A03F3B3.jpeg
058314E0-FA40-4DE3-B14C-F467774D5266.jpeg
D054FB50-4A30-4121-A568-1D812AE445E5.jpeg

gregoryalln854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Was wondering if anybody has any experience with this. I am looking to buy a standard 75 gallon marineland tank and stand and tank in the next week, but without being able to see it physically yet, I’m not sure if my sump will be able to fit under the stand. I know dimension-wise it will fit in the space underneath, but I’m worried about being able to actually insert it (front, top, back??). I have a Trigger Systems Ruby 30 sump. Any input or experiences are appreciated. Thanks!
Gonna follow this thread cause I’m considered doing the same. Where did you get your sump?

OP
OP
Boxofpurplerocks

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna follow this thread cause I’m considered doing the same. Where did you get your sump?
I got my sump from BRS, but, it seems like there are multiple places online that sell them all for around the same price. According to the previous posts, it sounds like it shouldn’t be a Problem to drop it through the top. I can let you know definitively on Sunday... currently have the tank and stand sitting in my basement, waiting to make the swap this weekend.

jstephens1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I painted the 1x4s black to match but you should be able to see how I sistered them to the stock boards. Dropping it in from top will work but if you ever have to get it out, your breaking down the tank or breaking the sump. And maintenance is so much better without the center brace. FYI, there’s no wobble or anything and is probably stronger than than it was. That being said, if your not comfortable doing carpentry work, then dropping it in first is might be your best bet.

what size sump did you use ?

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a single 1x4 that runs the length of the stand with the two supports on the ends?

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is down now. Everyone moved into my 220. But absolutely no weight issues what so ever for over two years. Just make sure the cross section is tight against the inside top and on top of the two sides. The wood should carry the load, not the screws.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back