Fitting UV with small pump in display

AFHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After thinking I solved my dino problem they have reappeared today. I’ve been running a Green Killing Machine but either it isn’t working well enough or moving it toward the back of my display (near some rock work so perhaps less flowntocut down it’s effectiveness.

I’m looking at options to boost my UV and see plenty of bigger inline options that I can sit outside the tank and run the tubing to a pump inside. The problem is that all the ones I’m looking at have 3/4” fittings at the smallest. I have about 20 gallons of total volume so the pumps I will need are quite small. The biggest fitting I can find is 1/2”. Is my only real option to use a reducer and Frankenstein multiple pieces of tubing?

At this point I’m still trying not to go spend $400 on a UV so have been looking at various lights on Amazon like the Jebao pond models.

jrmailo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used jebao 55w models to deal with my ostreopsis and prorocentrum outbreak. It worked great!
While UV did help with my situation, what put the final nail in the coffin for my Dino outbreak was vodka dosing for aggressive nutrients reduction. My 2 cents

OP
OP
AFHokie

AFHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used jebao 55w models to deal with my ostreopsis and prorocentrum outbreak. It worked great!
While UV did help with my situation, what put the final nail in the coffin for my Dino outbreak was vodka dosing for aggressive nutrients reduction. My 2 cents
What pump did you use with that unit? How much turnover?

jrmailo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pump did you use with that unit? How much turnover?
I used sicce silent pump 2.0 at 500gph. The 55w UV sterilizer was more than strong enough to do its job at this high flow rate due to it being designed to be used in ponds.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back