Flake clown fish had babies

Georgie Frogs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2022
Messages
18
Reaction score
11
Location
Huntington Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a pair of flake clown fish. The male has been at the bottom of the tank watching over what I think were eggs. I just noticed a bunch of little babies swimming around my tank. I have a fiie fish, a pajama cardinal, an a leopard wrasse, and the two flake clown fish it is a 36 gallon tank. What do I do?
 
So I have a pair of flake clown fish. The male has been at the bottom of the tank watching over what I think were eggs. I just noticed a bunch of little babies swimming around my tank. I have a fiie fish, a pajama cardinal, an a leopard wrasse, and the two flake clown fish it is a 36 gallon tank. What do I do?
It is Possible that they will continue to lay egg for a month. You can introduce rotifers as well as rotifer feed (liquid algae) into the tank as food
 
So I have a pair of flake clown fish. The male has been at the bottom of the tank watching over what I think were eggs. I just noticed a bunch of little babies swimming around my tank. I have a fiie fish, a pajama cardinal, an a leopard wrasse, and the two flake clown fish it is a 36 gallon tank. What do I do?
Sit back and watch as although clown will protect well, the wrasse and filefish are likely viewing a good meal. You can although a bit of work transfer the babies to a seperate tank with same tank water and temperature using a cup , not net and feed them Live baby brine shrimp and rotifiers (Reef Nutrition sells both)
Now that parents are fertile, you will get clutches every few weeks and you can offer parents a small clat flowerpot and see if they will spawn within the pot then you can transfer pot and parents to a new tank as mentioned to finish the process of new babies born
 
Thank you I think the wrasse and filefish had quite a midnight snack because I don’t see the babies today. I guess I can set up my tank for next time. I have a 5 gallon and a 20 gallon. I will try the clay flower pot. What do I need in the baby tank a filter, a heater an air stone? Do the parents eat their babies?
 
I also have another tank set up a 10 gallon. It currently has two horseshoe crabs in it. That’s all. But I’m sure they would shuffle up the sand and eat the eggs. Also, should I move the pair to their own tank before they lay more eggs?
 
Sit back and watch as although clown will protect well, the wrasse and filefish are likely viewing a good meal. You can although a bit of work transfer the babies to a seperate tank with same tank water and temperature using a cup , not net and feed them Live baby brine shrimp and rotifiers (Reef Nutrition sells both)
Now that parents are fertile, you will get clutches every few weeks and you can offer parents a small clat flowerpot and see if they will spawn within the pot then you can transfer pot and parents to a new tank as mentioned to finish the process of new babies born
Thank you I think the wrasse and filefish had quite a midnight snack because I don’t see the babies today. I guess I can set up my tank for next time. I have a 5 gallon and a 20 gallon. I will try the clay flower pot. What do I need in the baby tank a filter, a heater an air stone? Do the parents eat their babies?
 
Thank you I think the wrasse and filefish had quite a midnight snack because I don’t see the babies today. I guess I can set up my tank for next time. I have a 5 gallon and a 20 gallon. I will try the clay flower pot. What do I need in the baby tank a filter, a heater an air stone? Do the parents eat their babies?
As guessed and that’s ok. Many more clutches to come
 
As guessed and that’s ok. Many more clutches to come
I got two 2 inch pots and then this bigger 7 inch or so one. They seem to like the bigger one. Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • F123D787-1B39-4360-8C8D-3B4FA1D430AC.jpeg
    F123D787-1B39-4360-8C8D-3B4FA1D430AC.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 1FF535B6-6290-48F1-B9EA-15087A4BAB33.jpeg
    1FF535B6-6290-48F1-B9EA-15087A4BAB33.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 80

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new