Flake clown fish had babies

Georgie Frogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a pair of flake clown fish. The male has been at the bottom of the tank watching over what I think were eggs. I just noticed a bunch of little babies swimming around my tank. I have a fiie fish, a pajama cardinal, an a leopard wrasse, and the two flake clown fish it is a 36 gallon tank. What do I do?

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a pair of flake clown fish. The male has been at the bottom of the tank watching over what I think were eggs. I just noticed a bunch of little babies swimming around my tank. I have a fiie fish, a pajama cardinal, an a leopard wrasse, and the two flake clown fish it is a 36 gallon tank. What do I do?
It is Possible that they will continue to lay egg for a month. You can introduce rotifers as well as rotifer feed (liquid algae) into the tank as food

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sit back and watch as although clown will protect well, the wrasse and filefish are likely viewing a good meal. You can although a bit of work transfer the babies to a seperate tank with same tank water and temperature using a cup , not net and feed them Live baby brine shrimp and rotifiers (Reef Nutrition sells both)
Now that parents are fertile, you will get clutches every few weeks and you can offer parents a small clat flowerpot and see if they will spawn within the pot then you can transfer pot and parents to a new tank as mentioned to finish the process of new babies born

OP
OP
Georgie Frogs

Georgie Frogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I think the wrasse and filefish had quite a midnight snack because I don’t see the babies today. I guess I can set up my tank for next time. I have a 5 gallon and a 20 gallon. I will try the clay flower pot. What do I need in the baby tank a filter, a heater an air stone? Do the parents eat their babies?

OP
OP
Georgie Frogs

Georgie Frogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have another tank set up a 10 gallon. It currently has two horseshoe crabs in it. That’s all. But I’m sure they would shuffle up the sand and eat the eggs. Also, should I move the pair to their own tank before they lay more eggs?

OP
OP
Georgie Frogs

Georgie Frogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sit back and watch as although clown will protect well, the wrasse and filefish are likely viewing a good meal. You can although a bit of work transfer the babies to a seperate tank with same tank water and temperature using a cup , not net and feed them Live baby brine shrimp and rotifiers (Reef Nutrition sells both)
Now that parents are fertile, you will get clutches every few weeks and you can offer parents a small clat flowerpot and see if they will spawn within the pot then you can transfer pot and parents to a new tank as mentioned to finish the process of new babies born
Thank you I think the wrasse and filefish had quite a midnight snack because I don’t see the babies today. I guess I can set up my tank for next time. I have a 5 gallon and a 20 gallon. I will try the clay flower pot. What do I need in the baby tank a filter, a heater an air stone? Do the parents eat their babies?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As guessed and that’s ok. Many more clutches to come

OP
OP
Georgie Frogs

Georgie Frogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As guessed and that’s ok. Many more clutches to come
I got two 2 inch pots and then this bigger 7 inch or so one. They seem to like the bigger one. Thank you.

Attachments

• F123D787-1B39-4360-8C8D-3B4FA1D430AC.jpeg
    F123D787-1B39-4360-8C8D-3B4FA1D430AC.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 1FF535B6-6290-48F1-B9EA-15087A4BAB33.jpeg
    1FF535B6-6290-48F1-B9EA-15087A4BAB33.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 25

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%

Back