Flame angel fish ok with soft coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lex_510
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lex_510

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2020
Messages
237
Reaction score
69
Location
Ceres
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m picking up a flame angel for free abt 3-4 inches, but I want to know if it’s reef safe with soft coral. Is it risky should I be worried. I have zoas, gorgonian, toad stool, GSP, and other different mushrooms. 75 gallon tank. Thanks
 
Free and I believe it’s an Angel that’s reef safe with caution.
Most angels are Reef Safe with Caution, some are less reef safe than others but all of them can be in reefs and do little damage.
I have a Majestic and a Regal in my reef and they’re harmless for now :)
 
So I’m picking up a flame angel for free abt 3-4 inches, but I want to know if it’s reef safe with soft coral. Is it risky should I be worried. I have zoas, gorgonian, toad stool, GSP, and other different mushrooms. 75 gallon tank. Thanks
Be cautious with the Zoas, those guys are generally a great meal for angels and other RSWC animals. So if you have Zoas you like you may want to have a separate tank/lit sump for them or you just ignore the Angel.
 
Most angels are Reef Safe with Caution, some are less reef safe than others but all of them can be in reefs and do little damage.
I have a Majestic and a Regal in my reef and they’re harmless for now :)
I’ve got a Pygmy Angel. Coolest fish!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new