Flame Angel hiding.

Warpigdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dwarf flame angel that I’ve owned for a few months. He was doing fine swimming all around. But today I traded in an aggressive flame hawkfish, and picked up 3 zebra barred dartfish. I did rearrange the rocks slightly to get at the hawkfish. Made a nice cave. Now my flame angel is hiding in the cave. He comes out to eat but no longer swims throughout the tank like he used to. It’s only been a day but I’m worried about him. An expensive fish to lose. I think he did swim with the hawkfish. Sometimes next to one another. I acquired both at the same time. they were the first 2 fish in my tank. Is he missing his buddy? I feel bad. I didn’t think they were inseparable. Or maybe he just likes the small cave?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Warpigdave

Warpigdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i think i figured it out. I think the flame angel wanted that cave because when I first hot the zebra dartfish they hid in it. As soon as they moved out and swam around the angelfish moved in. When the lights went off the angelfish was out swimming and the dartfish went in.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dwarf flame angel that I’ve owned for a few months. He was doing fine swimming all around. But today I traded in an aggressive flame hawkfish, and picked up 3 zebra barred dartfish. I did rearrange the rocks slightly to get at the hawkfish. Made a nice cave. Now my flame angel is hiding in the cave. He comes out to eat but no longer swims throughout the tank like he used to. It’s only been a day but I’m worried about him. An expensive fish to lose. I think he did swim with the hawkfish. Sometimes next to one another. I acquired both at the same time. they were the first 2 fish in my tank. Is he missing his buddy? I feel bad. I didn’t think they were inseparable. Or maybe he just likes the small cave?
To me, because it’s a dwarf Angel that’s normal, all the dwarf angels hide in the rocks and swim in between them. They come out every so often when they’re used to the new tank (In your case, the rockwork movement will have reset their territories).

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All dwarfs love caves. I've got 3 main "batcaves", and my two dwarves are always hanging out in one of them. There could be a half dozen other fish in there - doesn't matter, they're in there as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back