Flame angel jumping out of tank

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, when I had a 200 gallon tank, I had a 5"-6" Hippo Tang jump out. He certainly had plenty of room to swim. It was to his good fortune that I happened to be standing in front of the tank and he landed at my feet. His quick trip to the dry side had a happy ending. :)

For those of you making the BRS screen tops, you can find these acrylic clips on eBay. They allow you to suspend the top inside of the tank rim for a little better look.

Clips.jpg

This is my Artfully Acrylic top for my Reef Savvy 125. It fits neatly inside of my euro-bracing and they can be custom made to fit around anything that you might have hanging on the tank. Here the top fits nicely around a couple of SeaSwirls. Difficult to do this with the metal screen frames. There is also a removable feeding door at the front of the cover.

IMG_3630[1].jpg

Deinonych

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may be, but if they make it out of the tank, it will be fatal - unless they jump with you watching. The acrylic lids I was speaking of are screen tops with an acrylic frame.

The screens with acrylic frame look really nice! May have to get one for my tank.

OP
OP
bing_ph

bing_ph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember that ANY fish can jump. If you don't like the look of the DIY lids, you can also get a custom acrylic lid made by Artfully Acrylic or Octo Aquatics (cromag27). Both are vendors here. I have an Artfully Acrylic lid and I am well pleased with the quality and appearance.
don’t want to have another incident like this so having a lid is top of the list .. thanks so much for your inputs

Wbr46797

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost a bunch of fish from our last tank by jumping out, my kids would get so sad.. I did the mesh on our new tank. No loss of lives yet from jumping
1706822b1ab280d226d86885c3ae7029.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back