Flame angelfish pairs and harem successful

  • Thread starter Thread starter Areeflover
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Today is the day my second flame angel finished QT.He is eating like a pig, frozen and pellets. He got added to my 220 gal reef today. 5 hours later, he is a little beat up and in the upper corner of the tank. Not coming out for nothing, not even food. The establish flame angel comes and checks on him. Doesn't do anything, just hangs out for about 30 seconds, does a little body rubbing and then leaves. He has done this 4 or 5 times in the last past hour. Fingers and toes crossed everything goes as planned.
 
When the lights came on yesterday, he was still where he was the day before and more beat up. I was able to scoop him up and re accumulate him to the QT tank. Last night I found him dead.
 
I am sooty that it did not work out.
I knew there was a good chance it wasn't gonna work out. I got to see him swim right before I removed him. He would only swim on his side. Laying down may be a better description.
 
That’s a shame, as I’ve be researching this all day it seems. I’ll will attempt to add a coral beauty, flame, flameback and lemon peel all at once.
 
That’s a shame, as I’ve be researching this all day it seems. I’ll will attempt to add a coral beauty, flame, flameback and lemon peel all at once.
We recently added two juvenile flames to a tank that already had a 2.5-3 inch flame. The first when in with no issues. The second juvenile was put in a an iso box for three days and the first juv was not happy. Trying to attack him thru the box. We then switched them out. Left the aggressor in the iso box for 3 days and then released him at night. They fought the next morning at sunrise for about 90 mins and it’s been peaceful. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new