Flame hawkfish and shrimps

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawk took shrimps leg. Kids were not happy so had to tear apart reef to get him and put him in solitary confinement. Back to LFS or facebook marketplace. We are a peaceful bunch here lolz

Pete Paschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to re-home my flame hawk (Harvey) this past weekend after 2 years. He did great with cleaner shrimp for a year and a half, but one day he snapped. He didn't even eat the shrimp, just started ramming them head first. After seeing it in person, then finding a couple more shrimp with a hole in the side of their heads, I had to give up on keeping both.

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to re-home my flame hawk (Harvey) this past weekend after 2 years. He did great with cleaner shrimp for a year and a half, but one day he snapped. He didn't even eat the shrimp, just started ramming them head first. After seeing it in person, then finding a couple more shrimp with a hole in the side of their heads, I had to give up on keeping both.
It was my fault as it was kinda an impulse buy...but i did ask my LFS employee if it would be ok with my current inhabitants...she said yes. O well, research before buying. This isn't the hobby to buy on impulse...unless it's something you already are familiar with

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back