Flame Hawkfish: Thinking About Adding One to My Tank?

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it just sounded like you were implying that it died of old age, the way I read it.
Hey "RED" lives!!!
Messing around in my sump today. I opened the doors turned on the light and there he was perched on my powerhead I have in there looking at me lol.
How he got there I have no idea.
I have the stock weir for my overflow he had to go down the emergency pipe then in and around and up to where I have 2 socks, but I only had 1 sock this week on so he missed the sock closest and went in the hole with the sock missing thru the bottom inlet to the fuge with all my cheato.
It's a waterbox so he navigated quite a bit haha. But how he got thru the weir teeth I have no idea the slots are small.
So he lives big and fat from eating pods for the last couple days.

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey "RED" lives!!!
Messing around in my sump today. I opened the doors turned on the light and there he was perched on my powerhead I have in there looking at me lol.
How he got there I have no idea.
I have the stock weir for my overflow he had to go down the emergency pipe then in and around and up to where I have 2 socks, but I only had 1 sock this week on so he missed the sock closest and went in the hole with the sock missing thru the bottom inlet to the fuge with all my cheato.
It's a waterbox so he navigated quite a bit haha. But how he got thru the weir teeth I have no idea the slots are small.
So he lives big and fat from eating pods for the last couple days.
Haha lucky fish, happy for you to have found him!

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! Totally surprised for sure.
Mine don't mess with shrimps i have 2 cleaners and 1 peppermint or anything when I put the veggi clip on for the tangs he goes on it and just watches the room

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! Totally surprised for sure.
Mine don't mess with shrimps i have 2 cleaners and 1 peppermint or anything when I put the veggi clip on for the tangs he goes on it and just watches the room
My long nose does much the same, lol always watching! Except he eats shrimp!

OP
OP
shawnriv

shawnriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair of flames now in ine system that are 14+ and they've been model citizens. The one in this thread has outlived several coral banded shrimp but I wouldn't necessarily blame the death of shrimps that have cohabitated with the flame for years on the flame hawk. Biggest problem I've had is they do jump.

My experinces with Lyretail and Grammas has been good also. You didn't mention how much you feed and how often. I have seen the restrictive feeding regimens some advocate cause aggression issues across the board and now use autofeeders feeding multiple times a day, in some cases I'll use multiple autofeeders.

I feed the tank three times per day. I like feeding multiple times per day to lessen fish aggression. I completely agree with you. I wasn’t sure if it had anything to do with maybe the Lyertail transitioning to a male that may increase aggression.

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't realize flame hawkish were such jerks. Not to hijack the post but how would a flame do in a more aggressive tank with a trigger and dwarf lionfish?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back