Flash Sales - What are they and how do they work?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wwas just wondering how flash sales work, because I am trying to get sum cheap coral to stock my first reef. so how do they work and are flash sales worth it?

potentially each vendor may have different rules. Check rules where you are interested in purchasing. If you are serious about a particular vendor sale, pre-registering can help you if they are also doing auction style.

I'd make sure the photos of corals are not color saturated, over manipulated. Look for something within photo and see how it appears in photo. For instance, humans are not purple, so if someone's fingertips are in photo, they should seem reasonable colored given most lights are blue. If no fingers, then look for egg crate which is either black or white - when white that can give you point of reference if colors are being adjusted.

You are in charlottesville, which is an active area for hobby. Personally I would wait until I could see something in person. Last weekend was a VA event, but another already scheduled coming up:
-2/4 Richmond, Va-Tiki Corals

Patience is the magic in this hobby.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, most flash sales are a vendor offering something at regular price vs. at their normal inflated price which is designed to make their flash sale prices look good. The reason I use the term "most" is that there are good deals to be had but IMO one must resist the hype and have a good knowledge of corals and what a "good deal" really is for that individual coral. Realizing that the same coral often will have a variety of names depending on who's selling it.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are a point of contention. . .

I have enjoyed them, and gotten some good deals on nice corals (especially compared to my local shops)

That said, it can be easy to get roped into the "hype" and buy corals that may or may not be a good deal.

Back