Flasher wrasse QT

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up my first flasher today looking for any tips for the QT process to ensure success. I've had plenty of fish in QT but I have never had one that has literally not moved for 6 hrs before. It is alive I can clearly see it breathing. Currently I'm going to run it through a 5 day observation and let it relax after shipping the move to CP. I'm going to load the QT tank with pods tonight and allow it to it live but would like to move the fish over to LRS. Anyway that's what I have going any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses do very poorly with CP and it shouldn't be used on them.

Wrasse are not picky eaters and I don't really think the pods are a requirment. Every flasher I've qt'd have eaten within a few hours. Just keep the room lighting subdued, no light on in the tank and let him get settled in. I bet he'll be out and about tomorrow and eating the LRS. If not I would be concerned he's ill.

OP
OP
cowboy

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha thanks for the heads up on the CP I was under the impression that it was easier on them the coppersafe and prazzi.

OP
OP
cowboy

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also flasher are sand dwellers or no.

Deinonych

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashers sleep in the rockwork. I've never seen my flashers go after pods. They will eat most frozen with gusto, though. Start with mysis.

OP
OP
cowboy

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well why I was posting I loaded the tank with live mysis and pods. I tried a few tiny pieces of LRS. Hoping tomorrow it is more active.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being shy for the first day or two is pretty normal. The behavior may extend another day or two if it's the only fish in qt.

Flashers prefer to eat from the water column rather than off the bottom of the tank, so a little bit of flow helps.

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had flashers take 2-3 days to get back to normal. Just keep plenty of hiding places and a lid on the QT to prevent jumping. All fish are different, some will be eating like a pig right out of the bag and others i've had hide for a week.

They will love LRS and mysis.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back