Flashing tilefish Any tips or care info

Rookie_reefer_420

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2017
Messages
70
Reaction score
74
Location
Tulare California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently found out about these beauties and went on the look for them. I found them at NYaquatics (I’ve ordered a blochy anthia from him and he’s still doing well and growing fast)!! I ordered 2 of them as I read a few people had better long term success with them as a pair. Any tips or information on them would be helpful.
 
They don't ship well. Getting them eating is important. They also are susceptible to swim bladder infections and bacterial infections.

It's also important to know that they only flash when stressed.
 
They don't ship well. Getting them eating is important. They also are susceptible to swim bladder infections and bacterial infections.

It's also important to know that they only flash when stressed.
They’re going into my QT like all my fish now go thru first (had problems cuz I wasn’t QT’ing not doing that again). I’m aware of the flashing due to stress and even if they don’t flash for long in the aquarium they’re regular coloring is fine with me. I ordered 2 because I read somewhere that they may flash longer in captivity with a tank mate of the same species. We’ll see but I’m excited about the 2 new additions and hop to keep them long term.
 
Tight fitting lid and calm, peaceful tankmates.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new