Flat worm and crazy looking worm I d

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jasonak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jasonak

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2018
Messages
7,985
Reaction score
12,682
Location
Anchorage
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I got this macro algae.The other day and now I noticed these flatworms on the glass why checking them out.I seen this other crazy worm crawling around in the macro algae. Any idea what these dudes are?

Left side of tank theres a few
1000018539.jpg

Close up
1000018538.jpg


Crazy worm vids

 
I think on the videos those are medusa worms and are a good cuc. The flat worms i suspect are normal planaria that everyone sooner or later get, a wrasse or damsel will help controle it, my favorite wrasse for those is leopard wrasse.

The flatworms are pretty harmless till thier numbers get bigger. The danger is the numbers getting to large and smothering coral.

Be careful if they die in large numbers they can release toxins killing everything in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new