#FlatTankProblems - Lighting Coverage

CaliforniaCrisp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2013
Messages
264
Reaction score
10
Location
Sacramento
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a shallow reef tank. Dimensions are 48" x 41" x 14". I have had it a year now and have just struggled with the lighting. I am now looking at a 48" 8-Bulb ATI Dimmable Sunpower with 2 48" Reefbrights attached to it. Is this going to be enough to cover it? Obviously 48" part is covered, but what about the 41"? I Really dont want to have to get two of these things...

Currently I have 2x Kessil 360WE and 2x Kessil 360N and I feel it is to much spotlighting. I do not really have any SPS, but eventually will get some. Mainly LPS and Zoas and Shrooms.

Thank you for your feedback. Please share your experiences if you have a shallow tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new