Flatworm id

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I’ve only seen one so far. Been staking the tank out and haven’t found another one. I love 6 line wrasses and my LFS has lots of them for cheap. Should I adopt one?
I would keep an eye out because they multiply fast. And before you know it they will be all in your tank. The first time I seen them in my tank I thought it just some fish waste on sand bed. Then I realized I had alot. They come out more when lights are on too.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And also I bought melenarus wrasse to keep flatworms in control but he can't eat enough to keep in control.
They really small. So I planned on doing flatworm exit today. The first time I done it they were gone. And it was great with no effects on sps or shrimp. But I guess the eggs hatched. I will let you know how it goes the second round.
I would keep an eye out because they multiply fast. And before you know it they will be all in your tank. The first time I seen them in my tank I thought it just some fish waste on sand bed. Then I realized I had alot. They come out more when lights are on too.
Flatworm exit work great again. Just finished up water change. And everything is doing great. Just remember if you see a few you have probably 5x that many. The treatment works great just follow directions and it will be good results.

REEFer86

Loving the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I took the pic, that dude bailed. And to be honest, I couldn’t even see it with my own eyes. It took my iPhone camera zoomed in at max to even see it. I recommend using your phone camera to look around at your tank. You’d be surprised.
Do it all the time!

Back