Help!? Are these flatworms??

Loughml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to look in the tank last night after lights out and found these rather large black looking flat like worms on one of my frogspawn. Are these flatworms or something else? The pics and posts of flatworms i have found show them more lighter in color and smaller in size. ID please and how to get rid of them if they are bad which im assuming they probably are.

IMG_4530.jpeg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definitely look like flatworms. Euphyllia eating, polyclad or planaria is something I couldn't tell you but @ISpeakForTheSeas could probably tell you which species they are. Either way the rule of thumb with flatworms is to definitely remove them. If it's on the Euphyllia a dip would work.

Rookie mistake, I check my tank every night :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to look in the tank last night after lights out and found these rather large black looking flat like worms on one of my frogspawn. Are these flatworms or something else? The pics and posts of flatworms i have found show them more lighter in color and smaller in size. ID please and how to get rid of them if they are bad which im assuming they probably are.

IMG_4530.jpeg
Do these move at all? Are they still there?

I ask because it looks like they're all joined at the bottom there, which makes it look like it may be an encrusting sponge or something.

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most euphyllia eating FW are right on the flesh skeleton boundary. And fairly similarly colored to euph base flesh. Those seem kinda dark? I'd do a coral dip to see if anything comes loose!

OP
OP
Loughml

Loughml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most euphyllia eating FW are right on the flesh skeleton boundary. And fairly similarly colored to euph base flesh. Those seem kinda dark? I'd do a coral dip to see if anything comes loose!
Yes this is almost black. And you are right this is on the epoxy

OP
OP
Loughml

Loughml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definitely look like flatworms. Euphyllia eating, polyclad or planaria is something I couldn't tell you but @ISpeakForTheSeas could probably tell you which species they are. Either way the rule of thumb with flatworms is to definitely remove them. If it's on the Euphyllia a dip would work.

Rookie mistake, I check my tank every night :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
I actually look often but have been out of town for 6 weeks so back to checking. Never noticed this before. They are still there this morning and haven’t moved. Someone suggested maybe a sponge?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back