Just confirming these are Euphylia flatworms

christinna77

Tilefish Mom
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
1,161
Reaction score
1,451
Location
Vancouver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I received an acan, torch and a hammer coral today. Dipped them to see several of these come out. I have never dealt with flatworms, so I just wanted to confirm these are indeed Euphylia eating flatworms?

The corals are in my observation tank at this time, do I redip them and what should be the frequency to make sure I got rid of all the eggs? I use Coral Revive. Thank you!

 
Update: Apparently, these are just planaria worms. I thought those were mostly red, though. Can anyone confirm? Thank you!
 
They don't appear to be Polyclad Flatworms.

However I would be hesitant to put any coral in my tank that had so many planeria.
Thank you. They're in my observation tank now, and are not going to my DT until at least next month. I'll regularly dip them too.
 
Planaria like the red ones are small and usually on the tentacles. These look much larger. They are not polyclad which can get very very large and a mottled and eat snails. These look like EEFW to me but a clear closeup photo would help. Usually see these around the flesh band mostly.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new