Flatworms?

myersb33

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2021
Messages
39
Reaction score
3
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I have some flatworms on a frag and have done a freshwater dip to no avail. They didn’t fall off so I’m not sure exactly what I should do I did the dip about 3-4 days ago.

FCBEE8D8-421E-4A01-8A68-B9457351AF67.jpeg 2622C90E-0CD4-4538-B3CA-090B2A0E07AC.jpeg 1061A8BD-BBBD-4228-822D-AD205223BDD1.jpeg
 
If you dipped and used a turkey baster or similar right on it and it did not come off it is bot a flatworm.

I dont see any in the picture but maybe i am just missing it. If concerned i would take it out and dip again and make sure you use some force trying to get them off.

Unless you have appropriate fish to handle them a few flatworms can quickly turn into a huge nuisance so you want to make sure you bot introducing them to system.
 
If you dipped and used a turkey baster or similar right on it and it did not come off it is bot a flatworm.

I dont see any in the picture but maybe i am just missing it. If concerned i would take it out and dip again and make sure you use some force trying to get them off.

Unless you have appropriate fish to handle them a few flatworms can quickly turn into a huge nuisance so you want to make sure you bot introducing them to system.
F77506FF-5185-4EE2-B4B2-D421600D0E71.jpeg

As I was taking this pic I saw solely the brown part moving which lead me to think it could be algae and yes I took all the necessary steps with a feeding syringe and a dip could just be a small branch piece that got some algae on it
 
Ya if it was in a dip and you directly hit it with some flow a flatworm would come off pretty easy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new