Flatworms

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to use flatworm exit to kill off the flatworms in my aquarium, should I just toss out the chaeto and rocks in my refugium since I won’t have room to run carbon in my sump unless I remove the basket with the chaeto and rubble rocks and if I try to save the chaeto I’m assuming it’ll just reinfect the tank with flatworms unless it’s treated at the same time as the tank

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworm exit doesnt take long to work. Dose it let it run through the fuge. It will kill the flatworms in there as well. Siphon out the ones in the DT, then remove the stuff from the fuge and siphon out those flatworms and run carbon for two days.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as when they start to die off you siphon them out, its much less of a problem, but unless you want to toss all your algae and rubble, they need to be exposed to the med.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as when they start to die off you siphon them out, its much less of a problem, but unless you want to toss all your algae and rubble, they need to be exposed to the med.
Since I can’t run my carbon reactor in the sump with the basket of chaeto in there also will it be sufficient to remove the basket of chaeto and rubble rock after I’ve treated the tank and sump
Then place a bag of carbon in the aquarium I was going to move the chaeto to while I run the carbon reactor?
How long after I treat the tank should I wait before I remove the chaeto and begin running the carbon. And how long do I run the carbon before changing it out for fresh carbon?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back