Fleece roller and the Red Sea 900

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Swaefa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fleece rollers on non-Red Sea tanks and have been very happy. I recently purchased the RS 900 and would like hear from other 900 owners who have switched to a fleece roller. Like to know manufacture, install tips, and pictures if you have them. Thanks in advance.

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this very old post because I'm looking for the exact same thing. Mountain Reefer has one, but it's in the main sump and I don't love it. Looking for any other options. I don't want to have to modify too much.

OP
OP
Swaefa

Swaefa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this very old post because I'm looking for the exact same thing. Mountain Reefer has one, but it's in the main sump and I don't love it. Looking for any other options. I don't want to have to modify too much.
After many hours researching and thinking about all the possible ways I could screw this up, I finally decided I could install the larger Clarissa fleece filter on my RS 900.

Really happy with the install. Major work was cutting out the silicon sock holders.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my 525XL- Wasnt crazy difficult but removing the silicone that holds the baffle in was not easy. Cramped spot with a razor blade.

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After many hours researching and thinking about all the possible ways I could screw this up, I finally decided I could install the larger Clarissa fleece filter on my RS 900.

Really happy with the install. Major work was cutting out the silicon sock holders.
old post but any issues with flow or did u just dial it down by a lot

OP
OP
Swaefa

Swaefa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues with flow. Just had to dial it in. Make sure the filter is mounted high. If not you will burn thru the fleece.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back