Fleece washed

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
2,625
Reaction score
2,194
Location
Adelaide, South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light machine washed and rinsed 3x.
Rolled onto PVC tube.
Anything to save a few bucks

20220901_152322.jpg
 
I'm running a Aquamaxx 170, and it works... a bit too good. New tank, so about 2-3 weeks on a roll now. Thinking on trying to cut down a RedSea roll because it is only 200 microns. So thinking about your trick. Let us know how it works!
 
I'm running a Aquamaxx 170, and it works... a bit too good. New tank, so about 2-3 weeks on a roll now. Thinking on trying to cut down a RedSea roll because it is only 200 microns. So thinking about your trick. Let us know how it works!
I just changed to a new roll. So will be a month or 2 before I get to test this
 
After a few replacement rolls I noticed how similar this ‘fleece’ is to what we call landscape fabric at the garden centre. We buy it in rolls 1.5m wide and has 200m of fabric on it. Cut into portions (if it has the correct diameter core) would be a complete game changer in costs. It even comes in different micron sizes. I will one day be trying this. Just need a very sharp saw to cut the roll cleanly.
 
After a few replacement rolls I noticed how similar this ‘fleece’ is to what we call landscape fabric at the garden centre. We buy it in rolls 1.5m wide and has 200m of fabric on it. Cut into portions (if it has the correct diameter core) would be a complete game changer in costs. It even comes in different micron sizes. I will one day be trying this. Just need a very sharp saw to cut the roll cleanly.
Guillotine would help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new