Flex Seal in the Stand?

TideNumOne

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2018
Messages
27
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a new stand and was going to put down some shower liner in the bottom to help control the water you end up with around all the equipment.
Has anyone used Flex Seal to waterproof the inside of their aquarium stand?
 
I do it on all my Stands I build and it’s a life saver! I would do 2 -3 coats, wait till
Each cost is fully dry to apply the next. That what I do anyway.
 
Thanks a lot …. now I've got the flex seal pitchman's voice playing in my head.
 
Yup, you can see in my build that i used the white flex seal with caulked seams. I used the can and brushed it on. It was not the smoothest layout in the world but i am very happy with it. Dumped my skimmer cup over one day and wiped it all right up without an issue.
 
Rustoleum white appliance epoxy is going to work better. It cures to hard, durable, easy to wipe clean, glossy surface.

Most people caulk the seams, corners, primer, then white epoxy. Many threads on that here. It's sold at Home Depot.
 
I am building a new stand and was going to put down some shower liner in the bottom to help control the water you end up with around all the equipment.
Has anyone used Flex Seal to waterproof the inside of their aquarium stand?

Yes i have in the bottom of my tank, poured it onto the board & used a brush to make sure I got it everywhere it needed to be. Only have 1 decent photo. I mounted 1x4 to the inside of the 2x4's to make a trough type area.
Sump.jpg
 
Rustoleum white appliance epoxy is going to work better. It cures to hard, durable, easy to wipe clean, glossy surface.

Most people caulk the seams, corners, primer, then white epoxy. Many threads on that here. It's sold at Home Depot.
Its what Ive used on my last two systems. Good stuff and has held up well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new