Flipper Edge for acrylic

  • Thread starter Thread starter iLMaRiO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

iLMaRiO

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
Messages
601
Reaction score
129
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone using the flipper Edge magnet to clean acrylic? Will it scratch?

i've found that the best way is to use the magic eraser sponge, but i don't know how to use that with a magnet or similiar. i would stop to put the full arm in the tank every time

currently i also use the Tunze Magnet, works awesome, but i would like to know if there is something better (most of the time there is no need to use a blade, a sponge would be enough)
 
A lot of people like the Flipper, but I had nothing but issues with it, and I used it on glass. Caused a ton of micro scratches in the areas I used it (I have BB so no sand). Happened on multiple tanks. Not sure if it was the blade side, the scrubber side, or the process of flipping that caused it but I ended up throwing it away.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new