float switch

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got my apex hooks to a float switch for an ATO but it dont want to shut off all the time. there are times when it will shut off and there are times it wont **** off. even when it does shut off it wont do so until the switch is under the water. i dont know what is going on. any ideas on what it could be. are these float switches water tight? im guessing i should replace the switches. i got them off ebay for only a few bucks.

heres my codes:
Fallback OFF
If Switch2 CLOSED Then ON
If Switch2 OPEN Then OFF

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the float switch hooked to on the water side? Are you using pressurized RO/DI water or pumping with a powerhead or ??? Does the float switch activate a solenoid valve so it has a positive shutoff? Is it gravity, pumped or pressure?

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the float switch switch wired to a relay contact on the controller and the pump plugged in to a 120v AC controlled circuit?
What kind of float switch is it? I have not had great success with the vertical types so use the horizontal type which seems to have a better more positive on and off.

OP
OP
J

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its conntected to ym apex BB. that tells my EB* to turn off what outlet when the float is triped. there is nothing with my EB8 or BB.

OP
OP
J

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how should i have the switch set up. should i have it closed with the float down or with the float up? rright now i have it so the switch is closed when the float is down.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most use two float switches. One is the low that turns the pump on and the other is the high that turns it off. The top float in many cases is installed so when it rises it suts the circuit off until the lower float is energized again. This gives you some range between floats or volume so its not constantly kicking on and off.

Back